Contact us via Email
or call (334) 219-3245

(334) 217-4567
VP - for Deaf callers


Community is a RID CMP (Certification Maintenance Program) Approved Sponsor to offer CEUs including Independent Study Projects. An interpreter must earn a minimum of 8 CEUs during each four year certification cycle.

There are two categories in which CEUs fall under, Professional Studies, a minimum of 6 CEUs must be completed in this section during each certification cycle and General Studies, there are no minimum requirements for this section, but only 2 of the 8 required CEUs will be counted towards certification maintenance.

You can earn CEUs in the following ways:

  1. Sponsor Initiated Activities
  2. Participant-Initiated Non-RID Activities
  3. Academic Coursework
  4. Independent Study Activities

Sponsor Initiated Activities: This is when a CMP sponsor holds an event or workshop and is providing CEUs. All you need to do it sign up for the activity, bring you RID membership number, and fill out the appropriate paperwork, provided by the sponsor, at the end of the workshop.

If you have any suggestions for a Community sponsored workshop or activity please let us know.

Participant-Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA): A Participant-Initiated Non-RID activity is an activity an interpreter/transliterator wishes to attend which are not offered by a RID approved Sponsor. These can include: non-credit courses at an educational institution, corporate trainings, community education, organizational workshops or seminars. PINRAs must be approved PRIOR to the activity. PINRA paperwork cannot be completed after the activity has taken place. Contact us at least 30 days prior to the scheduled activity.

Academic Coursework: CEUs may be awarded for Academic Coursework taken from an accredited institution during the participants' current cycle. To be awarded CEUs you must take the class for a grade and pass with a letter grade of "C" or above. Paperwork for Academic Coursework CEUs may be submitted after the completion of the course. The class must be taken during the participants four year cycle. At the completion of the course submit the completed RID form, copy of the course description from the college catalogue and a copy of your transcript showing the grade you earned for the class.

Independent Study Projects (ISP): The participant plans Independent Study Projects with input from the Sponsor. Examples of projects are: research, study groups, independent reading, and mentoring. Independent Study Projects must be submitted to Community for approval at least 30 days prior to starting. Once your project is approved you have one year to complete it. You can earn up to 2.0 CEUs for an ISP.

If you are interested in having Community process your CEUs please contact us at

ACET Logo       RID Logo

Femmes russes au Quebec. Rencontres sérieuses avec belles femmes russes . Check to read the most reliable reviews by college students